IN-PERSON 2021 Ernest Hemingway Seminar: Hemingway in Africa In-Person
*Registration is FULL for in-person attendance at the 2021 Seminar.*
Currently we do not anticipate any more seats opening, unless there are cancellations. If there has been a cancellation, you will be able to register below.
This year we are also offering a fully virtual seminar, which includes the opportunity to view and engage with all lectures, presentations, and films, as well as breakout discussion groups hosted over Zoom. You can register for the virtual seminar here.
- Thursday, September 9, 2021
- 5:00pm - 7:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Mountain Time - US & Canada (change)
- John A. and Carole O. Moran Lecture Hall
- The Community Library
- Event Cost:
Seminar check-in will begin at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 9 at the Library. Join us for a reception and the 6:00 p.m. opening presentation by Dr. Suzanne Del Gizzo. Friday and Saturday's programs will run from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day, with breaks for coffee and lunch. The Seminar will conclude on Saturday with an outdoor reception beginning at 6:00 p.m.
For this year's seminar, we will require ALL attendees to:
1) Show proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus when checking in on Thursday, Sept. 9; and
2) to wear masks when inside the Library at all times, including in the Lecture Hall where the majority of the seminar is held. Our opening and closing receptions will be held outdoors, and masks will not be required during these two events.
These steps ensure the health and safety of all seminar attendees, other Library patrons, and of our speakers, who, with both measures in place will have the opportunity to present without the use of masks.